You are a Corsair: nothing more than a pirate to the navies of the Empires that battle over the floating islands. But to independent islands like Teboa, you are a bulwark against the machinations of power hungry sovereigns.
Corsairs is a game of sky ships, powerful empires and fiercely independent floating islands. Corsairs includes rules for character creation and play, as well as rules for sky ships and sailing the skies of the Molten Sea. The rules set is designed for high action and adventure.
Corsairs includes all the rules of play, a character sheet, a ship sheet, and reference sheets.
Corsairs is a 32 page RPG in the great tradition of Zines. Created and released as a part of the ZineQuest 2020.
For those who love the art in Corsairs as much as I do, the artist is Felicity Haworth, and you can find her work here.
Smoke and Oakum is the first supplement for the Corsairs RPG; and delves into the world of Sky Ships and sailing the skies of the Molten Seas.
In it you will be able to find rules and guidelines covering:
- The effects of fair weather or challenging winds.
- Guidelines on ‘levels’, providing guidance for ships sailing in the High Above, or down to the Deep Below.
- Rules for encounters with storms, shoals, and more of the dangers that can foul a sky ship.
- Guidelines for running a crew or factions within a crew on board a ship.
- 6 new Conditions that can have a serious impact on a ship and it’s crew.
- Rules for chases which expand on the recommendations in the core rules, and include bonuses and setbacks for starting a chase at a lower or higher level than the target ship.
- A ship may gain a Reputation, or be upgraded, and there are a range of upgrade options from a Figurehead to larger cannons all of which can make a ship better, more fearsome, or more dangerous.
- Two collections of stat blocks for enemies a Corsair Sky Ship might face off against, one titled ‘Sails Ho!’, and the other ‘Here There Be Dragons!’
Sitting at 32 pages from front cover to back cover Smoke and Oakum is almost as big as the core rules.
Of course, Smoke and Oakum also includes more of Felicity Haworth’s wonderful art!
Also included is a new and updated Ship Sheet, including room for marking a ship’s Point of Sail, details on the Crew, and other sections to accommodate the added rules in Smoke and Oakum. There is a page of Condition Cards, which may be printed and cut out to help track the conditions player characters or a ship might be suffering from at any given time. As well as a faction sheet, for play groups who want to delve into the murky waters of a conflicted crew.
Smoke and Oakum is a supplement that adds new material geared toward making your play experience as Corsairs sailing their infamous sky ships a more interesting, dramatic, and exciting experience!
Speed, Strength, and Wits is 32 pages of new material for the Corsairs RPG. This supplement expands on the rules for characters. Included in this supplement are rules and guidelines for:
- Earning Fame and the effects it can have.
- 6 new Conditions, from Inspired to Three Sheets to the Wind.
- More upgrade options including 54 new Abilities characters can learn.
- More nuanced rules for Relationships, from Allies to Enemies.
- Options for Character Virtues and how they can be used.
- Rules for that moment when a character dramatically sacrifices themselves.
- Rules for creating and expanding a base of operations.
- Two new Gear Qualities.
- Guidelines for Trading.
- Guidelines for different ways characters can be rewarded.
- Guidelines for retiring a character.
- 12 new Scoundrels, from Magistrates to Pick Pockets.
Speed, Strength, and Wits is almost as big as the core rules, and of course, includes more original artwork from the wonderful Felicity Haworth.
Also included in Speed, Strength, and Wits is an updated Character Sheet, a page of Condition cards that may be printed out for easy reference during play, and a Refuge Sheet for characters who want to build their own base of operations.
Speed, Strength, and Wits is a supplement designed to add depth and bring new life to the characters as they undertake their grand adventures in the skies of the Molten Seas!