So, you’ve managed to escape the dungeons of the Elf King… But what next? While your burglar helped you slip your cages, the next steps they proposed could be generously described as ‘sketchy’, at best. So, while the burglar heads off to prepare, you and your fellow dwarves are going to find your own way out!
Yes! You’ll all be damned if you let some button-less burglar drown you in barrels, there has to be a fitter way out of this foresty fastness!
Prisoners of the Elf King is a madcap escape from the palace of the Elf King… can you and your fellow dwarves get away?
Inside Prisoners of the Elf King you will find:
- Rules for the doing of deeds.
- Rules for Digging Deep, for when a dwarf needs to push for extra successes (but be wary of digging too deep)!
- Rules for Fortune and Misfortune, Hurts, and Helping.
- Rules for Dwarf Creation
- A table of secret Dwarvish Passions
- Party rules, including three tracks that can affect all the characters: Fly You Fools, Diplomatic Incident, and Drums in the Deep.
- Fly You Fools measures how close the Dwarves are to escape.
- Diplomatic Incident: Do your antics lead to a massive war some months after your escape, and do you survive it?
- Drums in the Deep: Did the Dwarves Dig too Deeply and release their bane?
- A table of magic items.
- A table of Elvish curses.
- A selection of NPCs to face down.
- 8 tables for randomly generating an Elf King’s Palace, and the sorts of encounters a Dwarf might stumble across while escaping.
You can find all the character sheets and other goodies on our Downloads page here.
Third Party License
Did you know you can create your own hacks, adventures, settings, or other creative content for free or for sale without Caradoc Games taking a cent? Prisoners of the Elf King is available under the Caradoc Games Third Party License! Check out the terms of the license here.